Have Pest Control Chemicals Been Linked to Disabilities Or Injury?

A lot of people assume that the pesticides being used on the market are completely safe. While most pesticides can be used safely, it is important to remember that these products are packed with harsh and dangerous chemicals. If they are used improperly—or if there is an issue with the product—they can be very hazardous.

In some cases, these products have actually led to disabilities or injuries. Here are a few of the warning signs you need to watch out for if you are going to be using chemical pest control products:

Avoid Chemical Pesticides if You Have Chemical Sensitivities

Pesticide vector logo

Some people are far more used to chemicals than others. This is especially true of people that have respiratory conditions, like asthma.

If you believe that you are sensitive to chemicals, you may want to avoid using these kinds of pest control products. They could wind up causing a lot of damage to you.

Make Sure You Properly Ventilate When You Use Pest Control Products

After you spray a chemical, or after the exterminator visits, you should open up your windows and allow fresh air to circulate into your home. This will encourage the chemical fumes to dissipate. Swat Bug Killers is one of several Las Vegas pest control companies that offers a “fogging flush” treatment for cockroaches prior to using a pesticide. Using this 2-step approach can cut down on the amount of actual pesticide needed, which helps further protect you from excess pesticide fumes.

If you don’t ventilate the room that you used the chemicals in, you may become extremely ill, even if you don’t have any sort of chemical sensitivity. These kinds of products aren’t designed with human lungs in mind. If it is winter, and opening up a window will be difficult, you may want to hold off on using these products until Spring, when pests are more active.

Always Follow the Product Directions

When you purchase a pest control product, you should find usage directions on the product label. Make sure that you follow those instructions to the letter. If you follow the outlined instructions, you will be able to use the product safely.

A lot of people assume that these directions can be ignored. However, even one small mistake can lead to major problems. It’s always a smart idea to read over the instructions before you use a product.

What to Do If You Have Been Exposed

If you have suffered some kind of ailment, and you believe that a chemical pest control product has caused your issues, you should immediately seek care. If it is an emergency, you should contact emergency services or visit an emergency room. If your symptoms are mild, you should at least contact a trained medical professional. There are specific types of treatment recommended for poison control. However, there are many natural methods of detoxification which can be found by doing research. These options are alternatives, which may not always be offered or mentioned by a medical professional, and can be beneficial at removing toxins.

Most of the people that use pesticides or pest control chemicals are able to use these products safely. With that said, that hasn’t been the case for everyone. Some people have suffered because of these products. You should always approach chemical products with a great deal of caution.